Are you a Dutch or Portuguese citizen looking to travel to India? Don’t worry, in this article we’ll provide you with all the information you need to obtain an Indian visa. Find out about the different types of visas available for Dutch and Portuguese citizens, as well as how long it typically takes to get approved. Indian Visa for Netherlands Citizens
Who needs an Indian Visa?
Dutch and Portuguese citizens need an Indian visa to enter the country. The type of visa required depends on the purpose of the visit, with options including business, tourist, student, and work visas.
Some nationalities are eligible for an e-Visa, which can be obtained online and is valid for 60 days. For longer stays or more complex applications, applicants will need to apply for a regular visa at an Indian consulate or embassy.
Visas must be applied for before arrival in India. It is possible to get a visa on arrival at certain airports, but this is only for nationals of Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea. All other visitors must have a visa before they travel.
How to apply for Indian Visa
In order to apply for an Indian visa, Dutch and Portuguese citizens need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the website of the Consulate General of India in their respective country and download the visa application form.
- Fill out the application form completely and sign it at the end.
- Prepare two recent passport-size photographs (35mm x 45mm) with a white background. Indian Visa for Portuguese Citizens
- Submit the duly filled out application form, along with the photographs and other required documents, at the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC).
- Pay the visa fee as applicable, at the VAC itself. The visa fee can also be paid online, through the website of the Consulate General of India.
- Once all these steps have been completed, wait for your visa to be processed and issued. The processing time may vary depending on individual cases but is generally between 5 to 7 working days.
Where to get your Indian Visa?
- If you are a Dutch citizen, you can apply for an Indian visa at the Indian embassy in The Hague.
- If you are a Portuguese citizen, you can apply for an Indian visa at the Indian embassy in Lisbon.
- You can also apply for an Indian visa online through the official website of the Government of India.
Rules and regulations for the Indian Visa
- All foreign nationals, including Dutch and Portuguese citizens, require a valid visa to enter India.
- Indian visas are issued by the Indian Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.
- You will need to submit your passport, two recent passport-sized photographs, and a completed visa application form.
- Depending on the type of visa you are applying for, you may also need to provide additional documents such as proof of financial means and onward travel tickets.
- Visa fees vary depending on the type of visa and your country of citizenship. For example, a tourist visa for a Dutch citizen costs INR 4500 (approximately EUR 60).
- Indian visas are generally valid for multiple entries over a period of time. However, please check the specific requirements for your particular visa type.
- Overstaying your visa in India is a serious offence and can result in arrest and deportation. Make sure you leave the country before your visa expires!