Are you a New Zealand citizen planning a trip to India? Exciting! But before packing your bags, make sure you have all the necessary documents and information about obtaining an Indian visa. Don’t worry if it sounds complicated, we’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about getting an Indian visa as a New Zealand citizen. From visa types and requirements to application processes and fees – keep reading for a hassle-free travel experience in India. INDIAN VISA FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS
Introduction to Indian Visa Requirement for New Zealand Citizens
New Zealand citizens travelling to India are required to obtain a visa prior to their arrival. There are a number of different types of visas available, depending on the purpose and duration of your stay.
The most common type of visa for New Zealand citizens travelling to India is the Tourist Visa, which allows you to stay in the country for up to 60 days. If you are planning to stay longer than 60 days, or if you intend to work or study during your stay, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
The Indian government has recently introduced an online visa application system, which makes it easier and faster to apply for a visa. You can find more information about the online visa application system on the website of the Indian High Commission in New Zealand.
Types of Indian Visa Available for New Zealand Citizens
There are various types of Indian visa available for New Zealand citizens depending on the purpose of their travel. Here is a list of the most common types of visa:
– Tourist visa: This type of visa is for those who wish to travel to India for leisure or business purposes. It is valid for up to 60 days.
– Business visa: This type of visa is for those who wish to travel to India for business purposes. It is valid for up to 6 months.
– Student visa: This type of visa is for those who wish to study in India. It is valid for the duration of the course.
– Employment visa: This type of visa is for those who wish to work in India. It is valid for up to 2 years.
How to Apply for an Indian Visa as a New Zealand Citizen?
New Zealand citizens need to apply for a visa before travelling to India. There are several types of visas available, and the one you need will depend on the purpose of your visit. You can apply for a visa online or at an Indian mission abroad. INDIAN VISA FOR SWISS CITIZENS
Before you begin the application process, make sure you have all the required documents. These include a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of your planned arrival in India, a recent passport-sized photograph, and proof of onward travel. You will also need to provide details of your accommodation in India and show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
Once you have all the required documents, you can start the visa application process. The first step is to complete an online application form. After submitting the form, you will need to pay the visa fee and schedule an appointment at an Indian mission abroad. At your appointment, you will need to submit your supporting documents and fingerprints. Your visa will then be processed and issued within seven working days.
Required Documents for an Indian Visa Application by a New Zealand Citizen
1. A duly completed and signed visa application form.
2. A recent passport-size photograph of the applicant.
3. The applicant’s passport, which should be valid for at least six months from the date of arrival in India.
4. A self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of the passport (registered post or courier service only).
5. A bank draft or cashier’s cheque made out to the Indian Mission concerned, as prescribed in the Fee Schedule below. Credit cards are not accepted. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
6. In some cases, additional documents may be required, such as an invitation letter from a host in India or proof of sufficient financial means to cover the stay in India. Please consult with the Indian Mission concerned for further details
Processing Time and Cost Involved in Obtaining an Indian Visa
The process of applying for an Indian visa can be time-consuming and expensive. The cost of the visa itself is $160, and the processing time can take up to 4 weeks. In some cases, it may be necessary to obtain a police clearance certificate, which can add an additional cost and delay.
Alternatives to Obtain an Indian Visa as a New Zealand Citizen
There are a few alternatives to obtain an Indian visa as a New Zealand citizen. The first is to apply for a business visa, which can be done through the Visa on Arrival (VoA) scheme. This scheme allows business visitors from select countries, including New Zealand, to apply for a visa upon arrival in India. The second alternative is to apply for an e-Tourist visa (eTV). The eTV is valid for 30 days and can be obtained online through the official website of the Government of India. It is also possible to apply for a regular tourist visa at any Indian embassy or consulate.