India has become the most sought-after tourist destination for people of the UK and US. Thanks to a new visa policy, citizens of these countries will now be able to stay in India for up to 5 years without having to go through the hassle of applying for a fresh visa every year. Find out about the finer details about this new visa policy.
Indian Visa Requirements
If you’re a UK citizen, you can get a year Indian visa by applying online through the Indian High Commission website. The process is simple and straightforward, and you’ll need to provide your personal details, passport information, and photographs. You’ll also need to pay the visa fee, which is currently £87. 5 YEAR INDIAN VISA FOR UK CITIZENS
If you’re a US citizen, you can get a year Indian visa by applying online through the Indian High Commission website. The process is simple and straightforward, and you’ll need to provide your personal details, passport information, and photographs. You’ll also need to pay the visa fee, which is currently $160.
How to Apply for an Indian Visa
If you are a UK citizen, you can apply for an Indian visa online through the official website of the Government of India. The process is simple and straightforward, and you can expect to receive your visa within a few days.
If you are a US citizen, you will need to submit your application through the nearest Indian consulate. The process is slightly more complicated, but you should still expect to receive your visa within a reasonable timeframe.
Documents Required for an Indian Visa
- A valid passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and at least two blank pages.
- A duly filled and signed visa application form. 5 YEAR INDIAN VISA FOR US CITIZENS
- A recent passport-size photograph with a white background.
- Documents supporting your purpose of travel to India, such as a letter of invitation from an organization or individual in India, or a confirmed hotel reservation.
- Evidence of financial means, such as bank statements or a letter from your employer confirming your salary and leave dates.
- For business visas, additional documents may be required, such as a letter of introduction from your company or proof of membership in relevant trade organizations.
Tips on Applying for an Indian Visa
- Applying for an Indian visa can be a bit of a process, but there are a few things that you can do to make it go as smoothly as possible.
- First, be sure to have all of the required documents in order. You’ll need a passport, two photographs, and your completed visa application form.
- Next, you’ll need to submit your application form and photos online through the Indian Visa Application website. Once your application has been processed, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to pay the visa fee and schedule an appointment for your biometric data capture at an Indian Visa Application Center near you.
- On the day of your appointment, bring along your passport and appointment confirmation letter. At the center, they will take your photo and fingerprints before issuing you a visa sticker which will be placed in your passport.
- And that’s it! After following these steps, you should have no problem getting your Indian visa.
If you’re a UK or US citizen looking to travel to India, you’ll need to get a visa. The process can seem daunting, but we’re here to help. We’ve put together all the information you need to know about getting a 5 year Indian visa for UK citizens and 5 year Indian visa for US citizens. Just follow our simple tips and you’ll be on your way to India in no time!